New Year is prime time to think about contracting
Posted 08 / 01 / 16
January is a popular time for people to reflect on the goals and aspirations achieved in the past year.
Now is also a good time for temporary and permanent workers to forward plan and think about what you would like to accomplish during the next 12 months.
Becoming a contractor can be a very appealing career move for an individual, and Candor has compiled a list of benefits for anyone looking to make the change in 2016.
- Contracting is ideal for those who are in a slump and feel fed up in their regular job, as you can be in charge of your own assignments.
- It allows you to manage your work life balance and puts you in control of your holiday breaks. Candor’s top tip is to make sure you have saved enough cash to become a contractor just in case you have periods that you do not work.
- Contracting is a beneficial way to expand your work experience, skills and knowledge as you have the chance to work at different organisations and businesses.
- Another bonus is that working as a contractor usually pays higher than in traditional employment.
- It is essential for contractors to network and sell your skills to potential clients. Using social media and creating a website are good ways to promote yourself and your talents.
- Many contractors set up a limited company which gives the added benefit of increased tax efficiency.
Candor offers a range of services for contractors, including Umbrella PAYE, Limited Companies and Sole Trader.
For more information about our services, call 01925 839 825 and speak to a member of our friendly team or email firstname.lastname@example.org.